For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Movie remakes

Mal

It seems like the movie industry is flooded with remakes these days. How do you feel about them? What's been your favorite remake? Least favorite? Do you think they should wait a certain amount of time between the original and the remake? 

I think they should only be made if they have something unique to add to the original story. That can be a different spin, better special effects, or a sensical modernization, like Ocean's Eleven. Really, I think that and the amount of time between the original and remake are the most important. I don't really know how long the time period needs to be between the original and remake, at least twenty years probably, but it definitely shouldn't be within 15 years. For instance, since 2002, there have been three different Spiderman "reboots". That's excessive.

A lot of people have told me they prefer the 1972 version of The Poseidon Adventure, but I really liked the 2006 version, Poseidon.  I like both of them, but I just liked the characters more in the 2006 version.  This may be a bias on the fact that the movie is for my generation, so the modern feeling of it was probably what made it more appealing.  I liked the story of the woman using the guy that worked on the ship to get to another country, the young girl that stands up to her father, and the loner that becomes a leader.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 0:50 PM, mawhitaker said:

It seems like the movie industry is flooded with remakes these days. How do you feel about them?

Most remakes suck. Except for IT. It was way better than the television film. So the remakes that did suck was the new  Total Recall & Conan for instance.They sucked. The only reason those movies did any good to begin with was because of Arnold. Everyone liked him as an actor back in the 80's and early 90's. Those movies didn't need a remake. I just think some producers are out to make a quick buck. After all hasn't the movie industry always been for the money?