For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Does anyone else watch horror movies even though they make you unsettled?

Theblueunicorn

Here is the thing: I love horror movies. I simply cannot resist watching a good scary movie. However, i'm very scared of the dark and generally get scared easily. For example, i recently watched all three Insidious movies in one day and then later that night, I felt a bit uncomfortable sleeping and kept my phone light on all through the night before I could fall asleep. Today, a friend asked if I wanted to see Annabelle and I said yes without hesitation (why do i keep doing this?)

Does anyone else have this bad habit of watching horror movies even though you know it will make you unsettled later on? 

I definitely share this bad habit, and have found myself asking the very same question. After years of watching many more scary movies, I began to recognize it as a form of adrenaline. I looked this up online, and many people share this feeling of adrenaline watching a scary movie that makes us want to repeat the experience, like a roller coaster.  We know we'll get queasy, we know the G-forces will affect us, we know we must use the restroom before getting on for fear of an accident when the coaster first drops.  And yet, we ride.  That excitement we get from scary movies isn't matched by action movies because there's that added element of fear.  It's the same reason people pay money every year to go to a haunted house at Halloween.  It's a different, but still exciting, form of adrenaline in which we have become addicted, and that's just fine for me.  :D

I absolutely LOVE watching horror movies! It's almost a form of torture really. I'll watch a horror movie, knowing full well it's going to scare the heck out of me. I refuse to watch them by myself because as I'm home after watching a particularly scary movie, I get seriously freaked out. Every little sound I hear has me scared! Despite freaking myself out every time, I still continue to watch them. In fact, I can't get enough!

• 3 weeks later...

I like watching horror films. But I watch the one's that have a good story. For example you won't see me watching Friday the 13th or Halloween because most of those sequels are crap. They're wash and repeat. They con people into watching the same thing over and over again. For the most part I don't like things that constantly repeat itself. I like it when things change up. The film franchise would have to be super good for me to watch a sequel.