For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Money Really Does Do The Talking

Grams 2 four

Most of us have heard the idiom "money talks". Of course, we know that money does not literally open its mouth and speak, but whoever has the money has the power of influence. We have seen this in the justice system, in business ventures, and even in church politics. I am currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Public Administration, and through my studies, I have seen how money (through many vehicles) influence policy. 

I would like to pose an idea that illustrates another way in which money talks. It speaks of how one is valued and respected. The demand for freebies seems to have become an epidemic. Whether it is for private arts/academic lessons, babysitting services, craftsy products, or home decorating/landscaping services; people are demanding these for free or refusing to pay once they have received the goods or services. Those who are self-employed in these careers are struggling financially to survive and/or becoming burned out. Often, it is friends or family who insist on receiving these goods and services for free. Those who produce the goods/services, often, feel guilty about demanding payment. Remember, though, money talks. People are willing to pay for what they truly value.

So for those who are struggling with this, understand that when you work hard, when you serve others with time and resources, and when you give back to your loved ones and society, you deserve to be valued. There is nothing wrong with demanding respect and compensation for your hard work. It is unhealthy to allow others to use and manipulate. If you are producer of goods and services as a career, what are your customers saying about how much they value you?