For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Laundry detergent face off

jsherma5

I am a stickler for penny pinching. But I found that just because I save money I am not really saving money. On some things. I recently bought a discount detergent. Name brand, mind you, but still a bargain priced detergent and then we had a coupon and store sale for a higher priced detergent.

I must let you know, as we all grow up we tend to buy what our parents buy. This could also be a warning. 

So my husband did a load of laundry and he uses what is recommended on the bottle. The clothes smelled mildewed after it washed. It still had the odor of sweat, damp and mildew all in one. So he rewashed it again. after three loads and even more detergent each time, he took apart the washer, cleaned all the filters and redid the load a fourth time. They still did not come clean.

Then we tried major name brand detergent. Now my mom never bought it. So I had no experience with it. Everything came out clean down to the fibers. We used less, spent more on the bottle, but I was able to do more loads that really came clean with less detergent.

So teh moral to this is while your pocket book may like the cheaper, you are not really getting your clothes clean. In this case spending a bit more on detergent is worth it.