For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What A Man Can Do, A Woman Can Do Better

femio

This is a common expression among some gender equality campaigners. But in my view, I think that man and woman have their roles to play in any society and this does not in any way makes one superior to the other. But on observation, I am yet to see a woman who wears her wedding dress (gown) to the office after the wedding ceremony, or a woman who jogs in the neighborhood with no tops. What do you think?

First of all, the phrase "What a man can do, a woman can do better" is in NO way a phrase that can be used to promote any kind of equality. How can you promote equality for anyone when you're explicitly saying that you're better than the other gender?
Second of all, I agree with you're saying. No matter how hard we try to overlook it, there are differences between men and women. But those differences don't mean that one of the genders is a, so to say, lesser gender. What I don't like, though, is the fact that both men and women have roles set upon them by the society, and those roles don't always do right by the gender. For instance, why should a man hide his emotions and act tough or act as a protector just to keep his manliness? Why should a woman have to be all gentle and dressed up to keep her femininity? Why would a man be considered "girly" if he works as a hair stylist or a woman "manly" for working in construction? Both genders can be strong and gentle at the same time. Why make some things "girly" or "manly" then? And why think that one is better than the other?

I read a book entitled, "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus." This book focuses on the differences between men and women. They are really different in many ways. Now with regard to the topic, I don't agree with it. Sometimes women may be better than men on some things and vice-versa. You can't take the topic as a universal fact. All I can say is that each one is created unique and they have unique sets of abilities.

I think Cailtlyn Jenner winning Time's Woman Of The Year showed that men are better than women at everything, including being women :lol:

Seriously though,  there are undeniable physical and psychological differences between men and women that make them better suited for different roles, but that doesn't mean any man will be better at them than any woman. It just means that's it's harder for one gender to be as good or better at it as the other. 

The statement about a woman being able to do anything better than a man is just bad feminism that puts down men and makes them less likely to see things your way.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously though,  there are undeniable physical and psychological differences between men and women that make them better suited for different roles, but that doesn't mean any man will be better at them than any woman. It just means that's it's harder for one gender to be as good or better at it as the other. 

The statement about a woman being able to do anything better than a man is just bad feminism that puts down men and makes them less likely to see things your way.

I agree.  The fundamental differences between men and women cannot be denied.  Men are better at some things and women are better at others.  That doesn't mean one sex is inferior to the other.  It simply means they have different roles to fill.