For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Resolving Family Issues

HoneyB

Most families are crashing, and divorce rates seem to be on the rise. I have discovered that the primary cause of the crisis in most homes is lack of understanding.

How can we live together in peace and love? It is imperative that we love others selflessly. When others make mistakes, it might be difficult to forgive. However, if we have the mindset that no one is perfect, it makes it easier to overlook the shortcomings of the other person.

Communicate! Communicate!! Communicate!!! That word cannot be emphasized enough. When couples do not communicate, share ideas with themselves, there is a problem. Communication is different from just talking. When you communicate with your partner, it is about looking for a solution to a problem not about who was right.

The best approach in resolving Family issues will be for a mutual respect and proper understanding of every member of the Family. No one person knows it all. we must see the contributions and suggestions of every member of the family as vital and important. This way, everyone will have a sense of belonging and security in the Family.

Communication is the key to resolve any issue, even family issues. We can expect that problems can happen within the family. Knowing how to deal with those problems by opening up and sharing each other's thoughts and feelings can really help to maintain a healthy relationship. When family members forget about each other and don't show love and concern, that's the time our homes crumble. Psalm 127:1 is clear on this, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." We need God in our lives and in our homes to make it stable.   

One thing I've learned in my new relationship is that acceptance is key. We can stand by one another and praise for goals accomplished or we can judge and beat down accomplishments. It's so important to realize that not everyone is the same, we all learn, focus and remember in different ways. Talking about feelings and accepting that not everyone is going to think like us makes love so much sweeter.

This is a very good topic and I will to contribute my own quota thus:

For a marriage to be at peace and the family to be living together lovingly and peacefully, it requires wisdom, understanding and sincere love from the both parties - husband and wife. 

Love conquers everything so also wisdom and understanding settle peace. Women are naturally love pets and they always want more of it (love). Husbands should always endeavour to settle issues with love with their wives and never to be indifferent to their nature as they are naturally insatiable of love.

Wives equally need to honour their husbands and love them as well wholeheartedly.

Wisdom has taught me that fights and rancours in a marriage never bring peace but love. So therefore, couples should learn how to apply wisdom in every marital issue.

Understanding irons out marital issues. Let us learn how to give way to understanding in our marriage.

Family issues come in all shapes and sizes. Some are short lived and easily managed, while others are more chronic and difficult to handle. Some are just temporary phases that go in no time, if only families learn to be patient and tolerant.

Unsuccessful coping can be recognized by a number of characteristics as follows: poor communication, poor problem-solving methods, poor division of duties, lack of emotional support, differences, overdependence on others and chronic crises.

What is most important when dealing with family issues is to ensure that there is no lack of understanding among family members. In this way, peace is promoted and love is allowed to reign.

While I agree and love everything that everyone is writing on this post, the simple fact is that the "complete understanding," and "complete patience," we all wish for is something that won't emerge. It is not in human nature. People are inherently different. Look at Cain and Abel. They were brothers, and hated each other. No, instead of trying to understand everyone else's point, I think the true key to harmony is to understand that yes, alas, everyone is different. We all have different opinions, different experiences which lead to those aforementioned differences, and ultimately, that we will never agree on some subjects. But the key to getting past those differences, and not allowing those differences to rule us, or control us, is understanding that while we are all different, there is a big difference between understanding someone's opinion, and being disrespectful about it; and understanding that someone has the right to be different, understanding that someone has the right to a difference of opinion, and being respectful about it, as we are all humans and have free choice, and free will. 

I whole-heartedly agree with your sentiment, I think what is really lacking in the family is commitment. It seems in today's world, we have become so accustomed to immediate gratification that we fail in the other aspects of a relationship when we don't get what we want. It's our lack of patience and willpower to work through the tough times that ultimately causes the persistent family issues.