For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Which flatfish are the best flatfish?

FlatFish

One of the most widely known ways to categorize flatfish is by which side of the fish is the eye-side. Generally, left eye-side flatfish are called summer flounder, and right eye-side flatfish are called winter flounder. A quick internet search lead me to believe left eye-side flounder can also be called fluke. I am trying to find the evolutionary advantages that lead to fluke having eyes on the left, and flounder having eyes on the right. Right now, all I can find is fluke are more abundant in warm water. Why is the left eye-side more advantageous in warm water?

I performed this research with a nagging question in my head, "Yeah, but which one tastes better?"
If you don't have the opinion on which eye-sided fish is better suited for this world, at least provide an opinion which one is better battered & fried.
I'm hungry...