For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Tiny House or Traditional House

Laura Jean

Have you ever considered buying a tiny house instead of the traditional house? Let us know your experience with that, as we are on a journey to discover which people really love and why. Tiny Houses are a big thing these days, and more people are getting away from the traditional house.

I would definitely prefer a tiny house over a traditional house and not just for environmental reasons.  Other reasons for me include: The cost of the tiny house vs. a traditional house.  With a tiny house I may not even have to have a mortgage and if I do have to have a mortgage it will be a much smaller one.  As one person a traditional house is just more space than I need and therefore a waste of money.

• 1 month later...

Living in a tiny house with everything built -in would be a great lifetime adventure. Finding one with price in mind can be an exciting trip around the state. Location or wanting one to move from place to place should be taken into consideration. Many kinds of features would also set the price of the tiny house.

I am very convinced that small houses are very small, the necessary space is the best, because the more space you have more objets you have, and that is not good. Also to clean a small house is easier, I can not imagine cleaning a big house

I want to buy a tiny house because I believe it to be more environmentally responsible. I wanted to buy a big

house with lots of space until I began watching "Tiny House Nation" and the simplicity involved with owning a tiny home, especially those that you can pull behind your truck. It would make travelling so much fun and would be more economical also. 

I like how the builders of the tiny homes utilize every bit of available space, they make storage bins out of the staircase steps and I believe we need less space, not more. The more space we have, the more we use. When space is limited, we learn to work with what we have. 

I hope to be able to purchase a tiny home within the next two years. 

• 1 month later...

Tiny houses are a great solution for many people.  I have seen some that are affordable and some that are expensive.  Some have every amenity.  Some have the bare minimum.  They have premanufactured homes and those that builders can build from scratch.  Garages have been converted for years into efficiency units.  Then many motels have begun to rent using the extended stay basis.  Yes, I am for helping people find suitable housing tiny or not.

I have flirted with the idea of buying or building a tiny house. I would love a house that you could take with you anywhere. However you do have to find a place to put the thing, which you still would have to pay for. And I have heard that some areas are not tiny house friendly. They may not classify them as a residence or ban them altogether. I think eventually I would get sick of living in such a small space. And I have cats who need room. But I still love the idea of it!