For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What the future holds

Talik

I'm a big science fiction fan and for as long as I can remember I've always wondered about what the future might hold in terms of technology or discovering other worlds or dimensions and so forth.

I think about how hundreds of years ago everyone 'knew' that the world was flat. A century ago everyone 'knew' that no one could ever fly anywhere, let alone to the moon! Just decades ago, everyone 'knew' that you couldn't connect with someone at the other end of the world with just a click of a button...

Now imagine all the things we 'know' right now! What do you think the future holds for us? What discoveries do you think we will make in the next one hundred years?

Let's flip that question around and consider what were people like you thinking back in those times? When there were no planes, were there people dreaming of a future where there would be planes? How did they imagine these flying machines? There are many people today that look to the future with fascination and curiosity and there just had to be people back in the day who were into dreaming up future miracles. I'm curious as to how close their predictions were. We could compare how their predictions of the future compared to what actually happened, and then use that as a sort of barometer on how well humans are at predicting future technological innovation.