For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's your favorite way to save money?

SarahS2017

Since we have been living under financial uncertainty, what has been your favorite way to save money? For me, I tend to make things from scratch and reuse a lot of what my family and I have, to pocket extra cash.  We also tend to purchase a lot of stuff at a discount, then stack with coupons for additional savings. What does everyone do to help stretch their hard-earned money to live more comfortably? 

My favorite way to save money is to make more money. It's easier to save that way. it's unfortunate that wages in this economy have sunken to the point that they have.

As far as actually "saving" money goes, my best method is to make a separate account that's named after your savings goal (e.g. "House" or "Vacation").

Honestly. Whenever I want to save up for something, I just limit my expenses. I usually eat noodles on the weekdays or beans and then possibly something else on the weekends. And noodles and beans are very cheap, so eventually, I would have saved up a lot of money. If I'm in desperate need of money, I would get an extra night-shift job, leaving me with only 4 hours of sleep, which I've actually done for about a month a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that saving your coins is a great way to save as you don't really notice you're doing it.

We made a conscious effort to put away all our $2 coins instead of spending them, and after about a year we had saved thousands of dollars. It's SO easy!