For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Windows or MAC?

Hewrites

I have personally used Windows Operating System, I like the simplicity and how friendly it is, but I have not used Mac. I don’t know about the differences between these two, and which is better in terms of security and other capabilities.   

So, anyone who has a first-hand experience with these two operating systems should please enlighten us.

If you're not a developer, then you don't need a Mac, in my opinion. I've had both Windows and Mac computers, and Windows computers get the job done for cheaper. Also, gamers can only rely on Windows computers, for the most part.

But alas, I am a developer, and I have begun to long for a Mac. Apple's Swift seems like an easy programming language to learn and create apps with, and Mac has so many native designer apps.

There is a saying that once you go Mac you don't go back and I have to definitely agree with this as being true.  I first went Mac in 2007 and since then I HATE PC's and Windows.  Windows is such a clunky and very slow operating system in comparison to Mac OS X (which is Linux based).  Macs run so much smoother, use less resources and the entire system is a much better design.  The system is also so much faster because it does not do a lot of the stupid and unnecessary things that Windows does: e.g. scattering your files all over the place in pieces which it then has to go to and find each piece.  Maintenance on a Mac is practically non-existent where as the maintenance on a PC to really keep it running is immense and time consuming.  I happen to have a degree in Computer Science and these are just some of my observations between Mac and Windows (PC's).  On a side note if someone were to give me a PC (the only way I would end up with one) I would take Windows off and put some form of Linux on it as my OS as Windows drives me crazy compared to the better operating systems that are out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only ever used Windows but the next computer I buy will be a Mac. I've heard great things about them and although it will be a learning curve, I definitely think it will be a good change.

I want to get into graphic design in the future and I've heard that Macs are the preferable choice.