For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Job situation... what would you do?

legomom327

Hi everyone :)

Well, I was supposed to host about 34 people next weekend at my house for Thanksgivingmas --- a combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My sister and her family were going to stay at the house and the rest in a hotel.

Well, I requested off work well over 3 months ago and it was approved. However, I just got notification that everyone's time off for anytime in December has now been declined.  So I will be working the entire weekend and unable to cook!

Would you cancel this family gathering? Or ask them to do all the cooking at your house? 

Ask your family. They may be willing to cook, or to combine finances to order a catered dinner. I would also suggest looking for another job-that’s cruel to cancel somebody’s time off on such short notice.

Good Afternoon legomom327!

I would definitely not cancel your family gathering. I would do as TheLoneJunco suggested and ask you family. I would ask them if they would prefer to cook everything at your house or consider going to another venue and ordering food. In my opinion, it depends on how your family would like to bond with each other. Do they want to bond while making the food at home or enjoying it at another location and not having to worry about the clean up?