For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you allow setbacks to bring you down?

ReliableFriend

Like it or not, we are all born to experience problems, heartaches, tiredness, and a dozen and more setbacks in life.  Question is, are we going to allow these setbacks to drain us big time? For me, setbacks are tiny dirt that won't hurt a bit because the power of resilience is in my DNA. Yep, I practice the power to bounce back no matter the fall.

• 2 months later...

Never! Well, I do get depressed, but only to a certain point until I let go of all the things that's keeping me from moving on. Self-motivation is an important life skill. It is the drive to always look for the brigher side of life and living it. It is so easy to say it but is actually quite difficult when you're already in the situation. Nonetheless, the idea is to always move forward. My mantra is that we conquer by continuing. 

I don't let myself get down for too long. I've definitely had phases where I have had setback after setback after setback. And that can really test my ability to get back up on the horse. But I have that resilience that keeps me from giving up completely. So as bad or as defeated as I can feel, I will eventually come back from a setback, stronger and better than before.

Like most people, when setbacks happen I often feel upset and disappointed. However, I try to remind myself that setbacks are part of being human and can lead to positive self-growth. When I reframe my thinking and try to see opportunities to learn more about myself and show resilience, it helps me to cope. I feel proud to be able to handle any difficulties that come my way.

Life is an admixture of both good and bad experiences; hence the setbacks or problems are part parcel of everybody’s life. It all depends on how a person is going to tackle the problem. In turn, it all depends on the fact, how bravely a person acts in such situation to withstand the shock and to strike back the setback.

Generally, people with strong will can’t be deterred by any ordinary problem they come across during their lifetime.

But, the weak minded people are threatened by each and every trivial problem as well, and they try to make their life miserable and painful at every stage of their life.

I have seen an instance, where the student studying in final year class in the college hanging himself for having not done well in the final examinations, even before the announcement of result. There are so many instances, where lovers have committed suicide for their love failure, or on account of consequent obstructions that developed later on.

These are just two examples to show how grown-up people with weak mind have conducted themselves while trying to solve an insignificant problem.  And in what irresponsible way they have behaved while dealing with life and death. There are thousands of wide-ranged instances, where people have committed suicide for not worth mentioning reasons. 

From the above, we can understand that it is not the magnanimity of the problem that threatens a person, but, in most of the cases, it is the weak willpower of the person that is responsible for their untimely self-destruction.

To conclude, I quote what Shakespeare has written in his drama Julius Caesar, “Cowards die many times before their deaths”.