For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Nursing Home Visits

tonijon

We recently put my mom in a local nursing home for her safety and well being. I know everyone has one horror story or another about nursing homes but we are so pleased with mom being there.  The staff is wonderful and they all love her.  Of course we do pop in at odd times almost every day.  The sad part of these visits is to see some of the residents don't ever get any visitors.  My plea to everyone out there is to take some time and go see a relative or friend or someone you don't even know.  Trust me when I tell you it will make their day.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good reminder to do something for those who are often forgotten.  I admit I stay away because it's usually hard to see and I don't have a relative or friend in the nursing home.  Still, there's no reason I can't gather magazines, puzzles, board games, and other supplies for the residents.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My church is associated with a nursing home. I've been meaning to go by there and just talk to random people there. I imagine it's got to be lonely and I know I'd want someone to do that for me. I have an 18-month-old and I'm not sure if he would be a good asset or not. I've noticed since having him that old people really love to see babies. He's brought a lot of random strangers a surprising amount of joy. However, he also just learned to walk and now he can't sit still. He's pretty much attached to my side all day, so I don't really have too much time to go without him. Do you all think it'd be a bad idea to bring him along? 

I have not seen any babies in the home where we have mom.  I know the residents would love him to pieces though.  Why don't you check with the administration and see if it would be alright to bring him along.  The staff is very protective of the residents when it comes to sickness so keep that in mind when and if you can bring him.  You have big heart Mal for even thinking of going to visit and sharing your son.  Thank you!!