For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Living with Chronic Illness

GlamGal

People who aren’t chronically ill can not really understand what it’s like for those of us who are, and as someone who battles multiple chronic illnesses I can honestly say I’m glad they can’t.  I have people in my life who really love me but they just don’t get what it’s like living every day in pain and feeling like you are at war with your own body.  But I am glad they can’t understand, happy to see them living full lives without the shackles of chronic illness.  However it is very lonely at times, feeling like even though there are people in your life you are on this island called “sickness” and you are there alone.  I have found online support groups to be a life line for me.  Being able to talk with other people who understand the challenges, heartbreak and fears I face every day.  And for those who have friends or family that are chronically ill you will never fully understand what they are going through but your just being there, listening and loving through the ups and downs, means more then you can possibly know.

Living with a chronic illness can be very difficult because it will places limits on your livelihood. Sometimes the limits are due to pain, fatigue or malaise. Often there are things you desire to do but you really just don't have the energy or the pain is too much. Usually when you are feeling better or feeling okay, you overdo and then you are back to square one, barely able to get out of bed. 

Other people who aren't faced with a chronic illness often don't understand what sick people go through and sometimes even think you are exaggerating about the pain or the inability to do things that you used to do. It is true, some people play the sympathy card with their illness, that is not true for the majority of people. 

A chronic illness weighs heavily on your mind too because the pain can be so intense and sometimes there are so many things you need to do or desire to do and the fatigue is overwhelming and sometimes you just feel so bad that it makes getting out of bed seem all but impossible. It can present quite a battle day to day and you truly have to live your life one moment at a time. 

The pain is excruciating sometimes and fatigue makes me feel like almost all the life has been drained out of me. Malaise is an overwhelming sick feeling. Chronic illnesses are a way of life for many people. It's not like we have a choice because if one was given, we'd choose otherwise. I learn all I can about my illness and I try homeopathic remedies along with prescribed ones to try to improve my overall health and abilities.  

I live my life by faith in God. If I didn't have a relationship with God, I know I would have given up a long time ago.