For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What Do You Put On Your Face?

Anne

There seems to be a proliferation of disgusting facial treatments. Made from bird poop, snail slime, and jellyfish extract they promise to give us brighter, polished skin. Sheep grease, fish scales, and shark's liver oil are some more examples. Not to mention a serum made from infants foreskin (these having been discarded after legitimate and controlled circumcisions). Even my common or garden, inexpensive moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid which was sourced from rooster combs but is now made in laboratories using plant matter and biotechnology.

Bird poop made me laugh out loud. But you're right, there are so many weird products out there nowadays. I've been using a rice wash off mask, but never paid much attention to the ingredients. I hope it doesn't hurt any animals, as well. 

The serum made from infants foreskin scared me beyond words. Is it true?!

• 1 month later...

I'm currently using a charcoal scrub to wash my face twice a day. It really gives me a clean feel and it seems to draw out all the oil/dirt in my skin. I have looked into the ingredients and nothing wild stands out to me. It seems very natural, but before I tried it, it was a little weird that I'd be putting charcoal on my skin. But beauty has always been associated with weird remedies/ingredients. 

As a woman and human being I have come to realize we must be careful of what we use on our skin, period. This is more than about just your face.

When we realize we have PORES (yes, those tiny holes in our skin {resembles a simple sponge}), we will wise up and do better research on TOTAL SKIN CARE.

I can run down the list of the products I have watched on infomercials, bought in the stores (after watching these infomercials until they sold me into buying), even tried some recommended stuff from former colleagues and acquaintances.

What made me turn my nose up to them finally is after my total health transformation (the way and what I eat and some moderate exercise) and reading the labels of these MANUFACTURED BRANDS.

I am vegan/vegetarian so NATURAL is what I strive for. And for me African Shea Butter is the best I have used to correct skin problems. From eczema to psoriasis to leprosy, this stuff works.

Remember: changing the way you eat and what you put in your body, PERIOD, makes the difference in the kind of results you want.

What are your thoughts of support or opposition?

Again, I have to agree with WordSpeak 7.  I only drink water and (until I recently and unwisely tried an unbranded face mask) have always had very clear skin.  I only cleanse my face with tea tree oil and moisturize well (again with tea tree oil).  

I don't tend to wear make up, but when I do I use mineral powdered make up which feeds the skin and is very light to wear.  Also, your skin can easily breathe through it and you don't end up sweating under your make up and clogging up your pores.

Also, NEVER sleep in make up!