For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Why I stopped watching TV

eokoth

The world of Internet has spoilt everyone. Now I can get all the news updates and information I need to know by just a touch on my phone. Unlike before when we assembled every Tuesday to watch wrestling in the neighbors house, today you can watch whatever show, TV program or movie at the comfort of your phone. Watching a TV to me seem as a destruction because I always want to be doing something constructive on my phone or computer. I stopped watching TV because I realized at the end of the day I would be re-watching things I had watched during the day. In fact, while streaming from my phone I can get more interesting clips than the shows shown on TV.

People say the TV has killed the radio. Was it ever proven true? And will internet ever be able to kill the television?

For me, both are not possible. Technology is always evolving, even the oldest models. There are still many radio stations just as much as many TV channels will remain. The content and source are basically the same, it's only the channel and method that differ and have to be adapted in order to keep up with the changes.

But I sure watch less TV nowadays, even though I watch more series and films than I used to do before streaming services and such. The possibility of choosing the content is  probably the main reason why I have turned to my PC and phone for such entertainment.