For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What is outside your window?

knchatty

I love the view outside my window.

I love the changing color of the leaves, and then watching them slowly drop off the trees.  It’s the last day of summer but looking outside the window you would swear it’s already fall.

I can see my daughter playing out back with the dogs.  She is throwing the tennis ball for the new dog we got yesterday (1 year old Boxer – Emma).  Our other dog (8 year old boxer- Carmen) is sitting there thinking aren’t you tired yet?

If I have to be stuck inside the house, this is my favorite seat of all.  :)

What is outside your window?

We live on a woodland park especially for people over 50 years old. All of our bungalows are detached and surrounded by trees, bushes and flowers, so, although I can see my neighbour's house across the road, I can also see the squirrels running from my rose garden over to her willow tree.

I see the pairs of collared doves settle on the quiet road, deigning to shuffle to the side when an infrequent car slowly passes my window. I always know whose car it is and I recognise everyone who walks past because I know everybody in my wooded lane and a great many of the 300 or so people on the park.

It is quiet and peaceful, except when the odd pheasant screeches on his way to the fields behind us, and it's the best home I have ever had

• Like 1

That sounds very peaceful and "country".  I too live in the country and have many forms of wildlife in my yard throughout the day.

Some of them are scarier than others.  At night when we go outside you can hear the coyote's calling each other from both sides of my house deep in the woods.  There are many days when black bear travel through my side yard to go from 1 wooded area to another wooded area.  The black bears are the animals that scare me the most.  :o

I do love to sit outside and watch the deer in the yard. I am amazed at the number of people I talk to that have never seen a deer (in the bigger cities).  Deer are everyday life here, we have to watch out for them on the road.

Thanks for sharing your view outside your window.  Anyone else want to talk about their view?

I have the pleasure of seeing two gigantic smokes stacks that belong to the city power company. At 2 PM everyday, the smoke stacks send out enough smoke that you'd think fog was covering this part of the city. 

:( I don't envy your view then.  I'm very fortunate to have such a lovely view.

I had a list of "must haves" when we were new house shopping.  The country was the biggest must have.  I can't imagine living anywhere but the country.  Believe me, I lived in the city and in town and I hated it.  Too many people and not enough land.

I can't imagine breathing all that smoke in!  :(

Sitting at my computer, I look out the window and see the beautiful garden that my neighbor across the road planted this past spring.  I loved watching it grow this summer.  It was the first time he even planted a garden and it is huge!  He planted a row of sunflowers in the back of the garden and that is all that is left now.

I have a big "door/window" in the living room at my new home. I absolutely love it! The light that comes in is so much better than where I lived before (in a basement). I have a patio outside with a chair and table and I have some green bushes.  I can see trees and their leaves.  My favorite thing that I see though, without a doubt, is the light coming in each day!

I love seeing the flowers outside too.  It was a great year for summer flowers for us.  I just went and bought all my fall flowers this past weekend at an Amish greenhouse.  I could not believe the deals they had.  :)

I can see where the light would be a great thing, from living in the basement apartment to a nice light, airy place.

It is a fairly large rectangular field where kids of the railway colony shout and play every afternoon. The field remains green always and every morning it displays shadows of large buildings of the railway quarters. I have been a great admirer of this stretch of green for years and my west-ward window helps me viewing this spectacle.

Well, it is almost dark as if it were night time.  It is over an hour shy of noon.  I absolutely love the charcoal gray clouds.  The wind is singing.  The trees are dancing.  Nature is preparing something  beautiful.  I am putting in my request for steady rain.   

The view from my window is one that nobody will envy.  Sitting here at my computer, I can look out the window to an absolutely lovely view of our car sitting under the carport.  I honestly can't see anything else from here.  It isn't a hideous car or anything, but I can definitely think of a lot of things I'd rather see as I work.  I dream of the day when I'll be able to look out the window to a beautiful view of the water.  Lake or ocean, it really doesn't matter.  I just find the water peaceful and calming.  Hopefully someday we'll at least have a vacation cabin by the lake.  I'll even take a picture of the view and post it for everyone to envy if that ever happens. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have a view of the water too.  I went on vacation over the summer to a beach house on Jekyll Island in Georgia.  My cousin and her mom just bought this house.  The whole time I was there, I kept saying I could live here.  Waking up to the crash of waves every day.  Sitting at the pool and watching the sun go down on the ocean.  There would be no better place.

I do love my view though.

I have three trees and then....

A condo parking lot! We live in an end unit in a townhouse complex, and they tried to plant some trees to mask the neighboring condo parking lot, but they aren't big enough yet to mask much of anything :P

A condo with trees.  Where I live there are no condos.  I'm in the country where there is more land than houses.  At least they planted trees, give them some time and they will get bigger.  :)

Right now outside my window I see the beautiful blanket of night with a sliver of moon and so many blinking little stars. I love the night sky, I could sit for hours outside just watching it.

I love the view at night too.  I prefer to sit outside on my back deck and look up at the stars.  It's a perfect night tonight, cool with a nice breeze.  Sitting on the back deck I can hear the packs of coyotes calling each other on opposite hills.  I'm staying on the deck!  :)

Our main window nearest to our main house door is facing the garage. Not a pleasant view at all. If it's in my room, I could see our neighbor's rooftop at the back of our house, and of course trees, lamp posts and electric cords included.