For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Under-Rated Horror films

RobinAnna

I recently watched a movie called The Orphanage which is a Mexican movie that takes place in a creepy abandoned orphanage. Anyone else know of horror movies that might not be big with the public but are still good? 

• 1 month later...

As Above, So Below was an amazing watch. The film deftly weaves together religious overtones, psychological horror, and the claustrophobia of the Parisian catacombs without becoming heavyhanded. It could have easily become cheesy, preachy, or worst of all, boring and predictable. Instead, watching it felt almost oppressive, my chest constricted as I leaned in to follow the group through the tunnels. I was afraid of what I would see next, but unbearably curious as well. At times it almost feels like a monster movie or edges into found footage, but it never falls into any of the tropes of similar films, nor does it use those themes as a crutch. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys movies, but definitely for someone that enjoys horror films.