For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Keeping up holiday decorations?

magnoliamoonflower

I'll admit my feelings for the holidays can be hit or miss.  I work in retail and that doesn't always make for a fun season.  At home, though I love to decorate!  I always leave them up until after the new year starts.  Now when they come down is another story.  I can be rather lazy when it comes to that and have been known to leave them up well, almost until Easter.  It's just that once they come down the house looks empty.  January is usually cold and snowy.  Things are just plain dreary!

So how long is too long to leave up that Christmas tree?  Providing it's not real, of course!

• 4 weeks later...

I completely agree! Putting up decorations is so exciting, especially with the family around, but taking them down is such a drag! I had a great idea this year. We bought some delicious food and drink, put on some good music and had a little party whilst taking down the decorations. It certainly made the whole ordeal less miserable and gave everyone a reason to smile, despite the awful weather and lack of Christmas cheer!

I think anything beyond early January is too long. It just serves as a reminder that Christmas is over!