For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

White Males Rise Up

Twain

It's not easy being a 50-something, white male these days.  Reports of unscrupulous movie moguls and sleazy politicians dominate the news about this privileged class, and, in many cases, deservedly so.  Rarely has a day gone by in the past several months that a story about another sexual abuse by one of these guys isn't unveiled.  Given all that, I'm here to say that it is critical that the "other" white males stand up and not cower away from this issue.  It's only when decent men march shoulder to shoulder with their wives, mothers, daughters, work associates and friends against this abuse of power that all of us come out ahead.  It's time for these men to rise up and be noticed for doing what they have always done . . . the right thing.

• Like 1

Meh, I disagree a little.  While more white males are in positions of power, they are not the only ones guilty of harassment.  It would be nice if everyone, regardless of race or gender, was exposed for abusing their power.  My last boss was a Latina who, on her last job, would not hire anyone who was not of Hispanic descent.  Because the area was mostly White, she was terminated and the matter even went to a higher court.  Just like some of those actresses felt pressure to stay on a movie set in order to pay for their mansion, there were many secretaries who had to witness or, engage in, unscrupulous behavior in order to pay rent.

Wise men are not always silent.  But they know when to be. Truth is often violated by the falsehood of modern-day racism-accusations, but watch out when truth can be equally outraged by silence. Speak up, Man!