For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Why is important to spend quality with your kids

AliD2018

We all are busy in our lives because of our never ending jobs but we forget what should be the most important thing to do...to spend precious time with our kids. Why is so important? Because it fills your heart with joy and gives to your kids emotional balance and makes them feel loved.

I think it's more important that simply making them feel loved, or getting joy in your own heart. Children learn by living, and when we spend time with our children, they get to see how we behave in the world. If we're rude to wait staff, they will learn that that's OK. If we're helpful and generous and kind to strangers, they will learn that as well.  Too many parents focus on being authority figures or disciplinarians when what kids really need is a coach and mentor. Kids pick up on our smallest habits. Parents who read for pleasure end up having children who enjoy reading too. When we cook with our children, we can chat about food and nutrition. When we shop with our children, we can train them to be savvy consumers. For some people that may mean avoiding products made in sweatshops, or unsustainable seafood. For others, it can mean finding the best bargain. Kids grow up so fast, isn't all time quality time? 

• 4 weeks later...

Quality time and affection are both important for proper mental development. There have been studies that have shown that many psychopaths were never hugged as a child or told that they were loved. Something as minor as a hug can have a huge developmental shift in our brains and how we turn out. Besides the science, it's just nice to be able to get to know your kids. Quality time improves the parent-child relationship through positive interactions. 

My dad was in the military and barely around while I was growing up. Though my mum was there for me, I still felt the absence of my second parent which till today still affects the relationship I have with my dad, am less closer to him like I am with my mum.

Spending quality time with each other in my opinion is the best way for parents and kids to bond. It's not just about creating good memories, it's most importantly about bringing parents closer to their kids thereby enabling better understanding of each other. 

I don't have children though I have crossed paths with many people of all walks of life that do. There is no real handbook on raising kids... though we must look UP for the real answers which is done through PRAYER and meditation. Best places to do this is camping, nature trails, or some other outdoor sport. This creates a place of PURITY so that the message can be accessed on "virgin ground". Spend quality time with your child(ren) instilling the values and disciplines that they are searching for through others ways: religious leaders/influencers, teachers, TV shows, after-school programs, etc. The Almighty sees ALL that has and is going on as well as KNOWS the final destination of its end. 

We can incorporate many ways to "spend quality time" with our kid(s) though, when the Almighty is not at the forefront of the reigns, it becomes all for nought to create a pure generation that will be a better example than we have seen as of late in this season.

What are your thoughts of support or opposition?