For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Society is Changing Your Personal Beliefs

jmarcell

Society is changing you as a person. Stop this from happening while you can. People are believing in what society wants them to believe. Society makes it seem as if you have to have a diploma to be successful and happy in life. They don't want you to find your own success.

• 2 weeks later...

While it is true that people tend to make choices that they believe will assimilate with the majority, I don't necessarily believe that society is changing who people are. If people have firm beliefs in their values and what they stand for then it becomes very difficult for peer influences to shake those beliefs. If someone truly and whole-heartedly believes that they don't need a diploma to be successful, then the beliefs of the majority should not sway them into going to get a degree.

I have to agree completely with your take on the proven fact that society happens to influence the majority of our beliefs and behaviours. Take a good look at the Internet and social media for instance, everyone wants to be what the society requires of them. I don't judge nor blame anyone for doing it the society way because no matter how wholeheartedly you stand by your believes, the society always finds a way to reaffirm those believes thereby making you bend to it's rules, what and what not to. If the society says you need a diploma to get in, you have to get out if you don't have one.

WE are society. We make society what it is and what it becomes. We change society. It doesn't change us. We observe society and it should never change our strongly held beliefs...unless we learn that our beliefs need to be changed. Stand for something. Believe it. Change society if you don't like the way it is...one day at a time.

I believe if your self-esteem and self-confidence are not strong enough, society will eventually change your beliefs and your values. You will find yourself easily swayed by what society is offering and you will not be able to overpower the pressure. To avoid your values being determined by the society, get to know and understand who you are, what you want, and have clear goal of where you're heading to.