For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Long Distance Relationships

JayRob2212

I have been in a few LDRs in my life and I always thought they were impossible. Like many others, I thought them to be unsustainable. Now, I am in the happiest relationship of my life and she is across the globe. I have learned many things and I see no end to this relationship. Here are a couple tips I have picked up on in my multiple LDRs.

• Express your feelings even if you aren't typically an expressive person. 
  • Set Specific Goals: Don't let your relationship grow stagnant. 
  • Video Chat is a big one for my partner and I
  • Intimacy: This one will be a tough part if you won't be seeing each other for a while, but there are ways.

If you have any other tips, feel free to share them! 

Once I was also in a long distance relationship. One thing I found out is that, you could be closer to someone far away than to someone near you. What holds a relationship is communication. Once there is communication, the relationship keeps building up and deepening. As soon as communication begins to die, the relationship also begins to die.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm tactile and physically needy in the sense that I love affection = I fear long distance relationships.

As well, I put a lot of stock in some of the nuances that are lost to the internet: body language, tone of voice, etc. I fear that when the conversations plateau, the relationship would diminish. Also, I don't think I'd ever be able to trust someone I could not see face-to-face. My intuition never fails me but I know that online vetting comes with too many limitations for me to establish the kind of trust I require to call it a relationship, in the first place.