For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My First Mobile Phone

Kakashi2020

I still remember my first mobile phone, it was a Panasonic EBH10, and it was color gray.  The year I got it was 1994, and during those days handy mobile phones were considered as a luxury in my country.

Mobile Phones were quite expensive then, and only the privileged few could afford it.  I was just lucky enough that I was working in a company that sells pagers and hand held transceivers, which was the norm then, when it comes to wireless communication.

During our Christmas party in '93 our CEO announced that we would be selling mobile phones starting 1994 January and as a gift to all employees, we could buy one at half price, we got to choose from 3 brands, Nokia, Motorola and Panasonic. Upon careful consideration of the price I chose a Panasonic mobile phone because it was cheaper than the two other brands.  There were no Sims and SMS yet, and the mobile phones use analog technology.  

My Panasonic mobile phone has very limited functions, it's like the basic phone nowadays, it's only good for calling and receiving calls. There's also some games and the usual tools of a basic phone like a calculator and currency converter, which was quite useful back then. The talk time of my phone was just 30 minutes and the stand by time was about 12 to 16 hours.  The charging time was very long at 6 hours.  I remember using it for two years after which I upgraded to a more popular Motorola mobile phone.  

I still have my Panasonic EBH10 phone, in its original box until today, I remember trying to sell it then, but no one would buy it because everyone wants a Nokia or a Motorola, so I just kept it in my drawer at home as a memento. 

Whenever I look at my old mobile phone, It brings back a lot of fond memories of the good old days.

• 1 month later...

My first mobile phone is Nokia 3310. I was about eight years old when I got it from my parents. I was thrilled and I was barely waiting to pass 12 hours of charging the battery so I could play Snake. There was another game on it, I can not remember the names, but I remember that there was a shooting with an airplane.

At that time, the phone served me more to play games on it, and at the very least to talk through it. When I compare the current phones with these now, there's a huge difference, but I was happy with the options it offered. Today's children would not even look at such a phone. After a few years, I bought a newer phone and I borrowed a friend my old Nokia who eventually lost him.