For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Social Media Woes

Catwoman1111

Social Media is clearly becoming an addiction, yes an addiction.  Social media has recently been equated with the same kind of dopamine rush that comes from that first puff on a morning cigarette, that first hit of crack and that first sip on a cocktail after a hard day at work.  Because Social Media has no minimum age restriction, kids are becoming so hooked they no longer want to do kids things anymore, play games, ride bikes, make snowmen or any other kid related activities.  They are glued to their computers or cell phones waiting for that next notification.

Likes, friend requests, comments and shares have replaced fresh air as the go to before, during and after school for many kids, tweens, teens.  Adults aren't exempt either.  The more friends you have, it seems, the more cred you have with websites that require  high volume followers to be part of the "team."  The worst of it lies in the sad truth that people are keeping more and more in touch through services like Messenger rather than getting together for lunch, coffee or a fun trip to the mall and sharing recipes rather than sharing a meal.  I for one have to admit. I have been lured in by the siren of Social Media, but I am willing to go through the withdrawal, that I am sure will come from distancing myself from it.  YouTube will be the hardest, though.  There are way too many "how-to's" and "tiny house" videos I really don't want to miss.