For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

I Miss Picking Wild Mushrooms

Catwoman1111

I miss Maine.  Maine is where I gained so many skills I thought I would be able to use later on in life to sustain me, but alas, I was wrong.  Aromatherapy certification was no guaranty that my wonderful healing blends or my fantastic e-course were worthy of a successful future business venture.  My stint as a Newspaper Correspondent/Op-Ed/Feature Writer and Freelancer author of 4 successful articles in Lake Living Magazine never launched a successful journalism career and my awesome gardening skills never set me on the path to selling delicious and healthy organically grown vegetables at the local Farmer's Market.  No, the only skill that actually sustained me in any small way was my talent for picking wild mushrooms and that was only good for mealtimes.

I shined, and still do, though I can't find the awesome varieties here in Alaska that I gathered so abundantly back home.  I miss stumbling upon Chanterelles, Black Trumpets, Boletes and Suillis', Corals, polypores like sulfur shelf and Giant Puffballs on my daily walks and explorations.  All of these are in plenty in Western Maine and parts of Western New Hampshire where spent the best years of my life.  I have found a bolete or two here, some shaggy mane and what I think is chaga, but that's all.  No real variety, though I have heard Morels grow here too.  Well, I guess I have my research cut out for me or, maybe I should just, go back home.