For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Programmed obsolecence

Erik Stevens

It is remarkable how we seem to find old equipment such as printers, dishwashers and everything in appliances from 20+ years still working at some places. However, we don't find that much stuff from 10 years ago. I know it sounds exaggerated, but there seems to be common knowledge that things from the past were built to last, and now manufacturers seem to have taken into consideration the fact that the longer their product lasts, the longer will it take for you to buy a new one. Is it fair though?

Interesting observation, but I'm not sure I agree. Keep in mind, 10 years ago was 2008, there are plenty of high quality things that are still functioning and relevant. My car is a 2006 and runs fantastically. I have an Xbox 360, a WII, multiple Nintendo DS systems, an old IHOME and much more. In fact, almost everything with any sort of value that I own is secondhand and close to 10 years old, if not older.