For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Mandela Effect

HoneyBadger92

For those who don't know, The Mandela Effect is a psychological phenomenon that has been a popular topic of internet conversation. The effect itself refers to memories that supposedly did not happen. The recent interest in the subject has stemmed from large populations being divided on shared memories. The most popular example of this being, the classic childhood book and cartoon series featuring a family of 4 bears who live in a tree, Ma, Pop, Brother and Sister Bear. Were they the Berenstein bears or the Berenstain Bears? 

Memory is such an important topic! I hadn't heard about this example with children's books, but memory itself is so fallible it's scary. I think the world would be a better place if we all had a greater understanding of and tolerance for the reality of human memory. It’s not completely reliable or precise, at least mathematically! Our memory is important of course, but that doesn't mean it isn't full of small mistakes. Personally, I’ve discovered that my feelings of certainty have nothing to do with how accurate a memory actually is.