For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Travel destinations in the United Kingdom

RainbowButterfly

I caught the Travel Bug last year when I travelled solo across Canada doing volunteer work. It was an amazing experience, even when things went awry—those mistakes taught me things I never would have learned otherwise. I know this trip was just the beginning of my travels and I can't wait for my next adventure!

While travelling, I met a man who was visiting from Scotland. We really hit it off (though it took a bit of extra concentration to “hear” past the famed accent, haha!) and he convinced me that I definitely need to visit the UK. I'm especially looking to visit the Scottish Highlands and Ireland. Has anyone else visited? What are the must-sees in the UK?

Unfortunately, my one and only visit to Europe did not include a visit to the UK. However, one of my best friends has always shared his "horror stories" of the urban traffic circles. In one instance he was still getting used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road when he suddenly became trapped in a very large traffic circle and went around six to eight times before he figured out the method to the madness of exiting. Fortunately, he and his wife were laughing the entire time they were circling - which seemed to be amusing the locals. The point is, learn to negotiate the traffic circles early on or you may never get out of them to see any of the sites!

Traffic circles? Ah, you must mean roundabouts! Yes, they can take some getting used to, particularly for learner drivers.

As for places to visit in the UK, where do I begin? Well, here are some recommendations, although this is by no means an exhaustive list:

London - a must see! The Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, Neal Street and Covent Garden with all the fabulous little shops and street theatre.

York - a beautiful walled city that dates back to Roman times.

Salisbury and Stonehenge.

Edinburgh.

The Lake District.

There are loads more places to see. I hope that you have a lovely time if you do visit.