For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Good horror film recommendations?

GlobalMatter

Hello, everyone!

My friends and I will be having a movie marathon this coming weekend. Each of us will be looking for movies to contribute for the sleepover. Can you recommend the best horror films that you have watched so we could have a great time getting scared together? This would be a very fun experience because most of us are scaredy cats. I would want to make everyone feel scared to even go out of the room and go to the toilet by himself/herself.

Thanks in advance, guys!

I am not much of a scary movie person. I am in my 30's and still afraid of the dark. However, I remember my first scary movie, Scream. I know that it isn't very scary compared to what they have made since then. In high school my cousin and I watched it while home alone which equaled very scary! 

I love to feel scared. I'm not into gore or blood or slashing, but screaming when something jumps out at me, I'm right there. One of the scariest movies I remember is a 1965 Billy Castle film, I Saw What You Did. It was remade in 1988, if you like a more modern version. It starts out with two bored high school girls playing phone pranks but soon turns deadly. Another totally freaky movie that lots of people forget about is Rosemary's Baby, also a fantastic book by Ira Levin. I can't give you even a brief summary because it would be a spoiler. But it's a don't miss, as is Hush. . . Hush, Sweet Charlotte and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, two psychological thrillers starring  the great Bette Davis. And, if you like scary World War II spy thrillers, check out The Eye of the Needle, starring Donald Sutherland. It's edge-of-the-seat stuff and also a great read written by Ken Follet. Enjoy your horror film fest. There's nothing like a good scare.