For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Best exercise

Cherokee68

I want to start a good exercise routine but I don't know how to pick the best exercise for me. I have time in the early mornings. I could go to the gym, but really want something I can do at home. Any ideas?

My opinion: The best exercise program for anyone is to start walking. You just can't go wrong with it. I live alone and have to walk my dog, an energy-crazy border collie, every morning before I go to work. We walk about 6:00 am every day. Then, I have to get home as quick as possible to walk her in the afternoon, as she's ready to burst. Then, after dinner, you guessed it, another walk for  Molly. I now walk a total of (on average) 21 miles a week, 3 miles a day, warm or cold, wet or dry, stormy or not. This started one year ago, out of necessity, as all the household dog walkers left for other pursuits. So, it was me and Molly. I was always a walker, but not like this. I dropped weight, have lots of energy, and started doing a few other things, like lifting light weights, yoga on my living room floor, and bird-watching around the neighborhood. Walking is good for every part of the body, and it's free. Just get some good shoes (a must) and go. Start slow, build up to greater distances, and explore your neighborhood. If you don't live in a walker friendly place, drive to the nearest ped path and hop on. My father had bad knees, and it hurt him to walk. But the doctor told him to walk on--staying active is the key, he said.