For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to Beat a Creative Slump

afwriter

• 1 month later...

I think the best thing is to get out of your own head. Spark a conversation with a stranger or a small child and really listen to what they have to say. Go to a new restaurant. Try things that will broaden your horizons. If you do something new you may find you have new ideas.

I would suggest taking a break from trying to come up with something and spend some time for yourself. Do something that you enjoy, that makes you peaceful and happy. Don't think about trying to be creative or needing an idea at all. If those thoughts come into your mind, let them go and continue having fun. You'll find that the ideas will pop into your head for free. 

I've experienced these slumps so many times, especially since I started working from home two years ago. I try to make it a point to get out of the house every now and then, change my surroundings. Even just changing the place I sit at home helps. I usually work at our dining table, but moving to the couch or sitting outside really helps.

• 1 month later...

I know how you feel @afwriter What i do requires a lot of creativity in my daily life . What helps me when i get  that creative slump is usually a walk around woods , reading a book or exercise in the gym . Usually when i do one of those i feel much better and my thoughts seem clearer