For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

In Defence of Nonviolence

antoreen

It is sad to read the daily news of bloodshed, loss of life and loss of property all over the world. This spectacle of violence may point to one important observation. Violence has been practiced for centuries whereas we have hardly practiced nonviolence although persons like Goutam Buddha and Jesus Christ have devoted their lives for upholding the tenets of love and peace and nonviolence. To my consideration, nonviolence has no alternative for the advancement of human civilization.

Unfortunately, in order for non-violence to work, everyone has to practice it.  The reality is that there will always be someone who will take advantage of a person or situation.  As a result, there are times when you have to resort to violence to protect yourself. 

Unfortunately, in order for nonviolence to work, everyone has to practice it.  The reality is that there will always be someone who will take advantage of a person or situation.  As a result, there are times when you have to resort to violence to protect yourself. 

It is no more necessary for human beings to comprehend that violence begets violence only. If A makes B blind and if B makes A blind, the result will be a world of the blind. It is very simple.

The important question is how the people who love to stand against violence will react in the face of violence. Yes, my dear friend, sufferings are to be shared for years to end the root of sufferings. Sacrifices at the height of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King should encourage us to be ready for sacrifices. Yes, my friend, there is no other alternative which I know.