For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Grades don’t really matter.

Patrascu Bogdan

Grades do have a role and have their place. They're necessary part of education but what they aren't really necessary part of is self-esteem. They dont matter because they do not define us. What defines us is what we learn from education, how it changes us 

Forget the grades, forget the jobs, and just try to become a better person, enjoying the ridiculous luxury that education is. I think it is just a trend, a society manipulation somehow. 

What do you think? Am I right?

Yes, Grades don't define us but our skills do.

Marks doesn't matter, the amount of knowledge we acquire is the thing that matters. personal development can help us set goals and reach our full potential. Therefore,  We must focus on learning new skills and develop our standard and self esteem. .

This is definitely true.

There are people who would rather have a C or D, rather than a B+, since it's so frustratingly close to an A.

As a perfectionist, I understand this way of thinking, to a tee. In fact, how can I not?

Yes, I definitely agree with this. Nothing should be allowed to define us but us. Grades are a specific box that are given by a specific set of individuals. Some of us do not fit in those boxes, but shine forth in other areas of life. Our self esteem should never be placed in anything but our own hands. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I disagree with you, grades matter. There is a good reasons students are still required to take tests determine their grades in this day and age. Tests are meant to test the students' understanding and memory of what they were taught. And students' grades show how much they understand and remember what they were taught.

If understanding and remember what was taught in the classroom isn't important, then going to school to learn would be a pointless act. But guess what, all the things student learn in school end being useful to them in one way or the other, when they go out into the society.

I think grades do indicate a student's intellect, ability to pay attention, study, show good work ethic and their commitment, however, grades in and amongst themselves don't tell the whole story. I can think of many times when a person possessing "book smarts" could not deal with a situation that required "street smarts" or common sense. 

How many times have you seen a literally brilliant person who could not get out of his or her own way in certain situations? I think we have all seen this. I believe a well rounded person has both the ability to make good grades and has also learned through observation, trial and error and listening and that good common sense can sometimes be the greater asset to posses.

• 2 weeks later...

It really comes down to what you want to do with your life. If you want to be an entrepreneur, there's really no point in having good grades, as long as you paid attention during business class. However, if you want to work for someone else, let's say you want to become a surgeon. Then everything comes down to your grades. Not only do you have to have top grades in all classes, but you also need to take extra classes and have top grades in those as well. Charity work also benefits you a lot when applying for medical school.

If we take our formal education seriously, I think grades will really matter. Otherwise, what's the point of studying if we don't get good grades. Although we hear of people dropping out from school and still making it big afterwards, these are more exceptions to the rule. The "grade" part in any endeavor can perhaps be the measure of our performance. It is just a gauge for the things that we've done, either in school or in our real everyday life.