For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Does being a Mother define who you are?

Danyetti93

Hello all,

I've always wondered, since I became a young mother at 19 years old,  if being a mother at such a young age defined my personality. Motherhood is one of the greatest experiences in life for me, especially since I just had a son 7 months ago. I get to watch two beautiful children grow for the rest of my life. 

But, who am I? Of course my entire life revolves around them...and I've never really been alone without them. How do people that don't have children spend their thoughts? When they have those sleepless nights, lying awake in bed, what are they thinking about?

I've just recently started doing some soul-searching. I've found that after years of my constant worrying, it led me absolutely nowhere. I wasn't growing as an individual. 

Now, I'm remembering my inner child...I'm discovering who I really am.

• 3 weeks later...

Its nice to discover your inner child and once you do then accept her, love her and let her be an adult. You do have two children, after all. Being an adult does mean doing the cooking, cleaning, baths, homework, ect.,  but it also means nurturing your thoughts, ideas and dreams you had as a child. We have to figure out what hopes and dreams from our childhood that we want to bring into adulthood and make real and realize we now have the power and resources to do so. I loved raising my babies, but I lost myself and by the time they were teenagers and trying to become independent I had no idea who I was or what I wanted to be outside of motherhood. I had to go back and rediscover who I was as a little girl and do the things mentioned above to realize what my true interest and desires were. I also learned from watching my kids become independent adults. Then, I realized that since I didn't set the example for them I had to start drilling it in their heads to love their children, but to not forget that they are people too. They should nurture themselves and have interest, hobbies, and set a healthy example for their kids of having a healthy love of self. Being mindful of your needs and desires in a healthy way while taking care of your children's as well makes for a well rounded individual who is a happy individual and BETTER mother!