For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Whose Choice? Mine or God's

LAKnows

Being divorced, I often pray for a generous, wealthy, and handsome man to fall in love with me and marry. I think God is looking at something else for me. I frequently remind Him that I've already had the other, so He can't put anymore on me than I can handle. So, I guess that's the reason why I'm still single after 19 years, 3 children, 1 golden retriever, and 1 granddaughter. Is is healthy to pray for what I think will make me happy?

God wants us to have the desires of our hearts ACCORDING TO HIS GLORY. After my first divorce I was in my twenties, lost and depressed. I lost custody of my kids and found myself in a world of trouble. I rededicated my life and several times over the next year the Lord kept leading me to see a lady from my childhood who was a very dedicated Christian and she had worked with my mother, took us kids to church and testified to us. I had made so many mistakes that I was ashamed to see this lady and allow her to see what a mess I had made of my life. I actually ran into her at a local grocery store in town one evening and ran from the store. I was determined not to see her. Meanwhile, I was working, goin to church services and all bile studies I could find. I was staying with a childhood friend who had been raised in church and was a good influence on me. One evening she had a friend come and visit that I thought was kinda "out there" weird, but she invited us all to a bible study the following Friday and it interested me because there was going to be missionaries from Africa there who were going to be speaking. They came to pick us up to go to the bible study and low and behold it turned out to be house of the lady from my past that I had been running from. She showed me nothing but love and understanding. The kind that I know could only be above and beyond our understanding and it was the love of the Lord. She taught me, loved me, mentored me, and showed me it was ok to hope for those things that were the desires of my heart. I drew a picture representing me, my future husband and my kids inside the home I had always dreamed of having and hung it on my refrigerator. I wrote the attributes of my desired husband and myself along with the hopes and dreams I had for my children. I regained custody of my kids and eventually got remarried not once, but twice. When I married the first man I took down that picture from my refrigerator and slowly lost sight of the things of God. I am still not right with God and actually I'm pretty far from Him. I have said all these things to say that as I kept my eyes on God, his righteousness, and bringing glory to him he was giving me the desires of my heart according to his riches and glory starting with custody of my kids. I promised God to raise my children in church and teach them in the way they should go. After a while I got content and complacent. I was disappointed that the man I had married was not what I had thought him to be and slowly I fell farther and father away from the Lord, but it was not God's failure. It was Mine! I had rushed and I didn't wait for the man I had asked God for. I now find myself almost 50 and I have never had the husband and home or home life I had dreamt of, but I have not accepted the desires of my heart According to the riches and glory of the Lord. To answer your question... I think it's more of a partnership. As we focus on the kingdom of God and his glory then He puts the desires of our hearts in our path and the only way we can recognize it is if we have our eyes on God. Most of the time what we think will make us happy just isn't in our eye line yet. 

• 3 months later...

While prayer can be greatly beneficial, it might also be beneficial to take a deeper look at what you are asking for. What specifically are you hoping will happen for you if this generous, handsome, and wealthy man marries you? Is it more material wealth you would like? Why not try earning it on your own? Is it the existence of and proximity to beauty in your life that you are praying for? Take walks in nature, visit art museums, and take time to appreciate the beauty of what is all around you. Additionally, take care of your health and appearance so that you can feel as beautiful and worthy of love as you already are. Mainly, put yourself out there. Tell your friends and family members that you are looking for someone, so they'll know to tell you if they they you might like someone they already know. If you see a handsome stranger, introduce yourself. Sign up for a dating website. Try, try, and try, because there is someone else out there who is praying to meet someone just like you!