For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Biography Recommendations

memorycord85

Does anyone have any really strong, motivating biographies (books) they can recommend?

I like to read. For every deep or challenging work I'm reading (Philosophy, Fiction, History) I like to read something simple and light.  Usually biographies do the trick. 

I just finished Gordon Ramsay's book, Roasting in Hell's Kitchen (2006). It was like eating a cheeseburger, finished it in one sitting. 

• 4 months later...

Hello there! I do hope you're alright with autobiographies- the book you mentioned by Gordon Ramsay is technically considered an autobiography as it was written by him- I hope this doesn't sound rude, it's a very common misconception and everyone makes mistakes, I really hope I don't sound conceited or anything! 

But anyway, my favorite autobiography is The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It's a truly wonderful book that you simply won't be able to put down! It's about a young lady with a horribly dysfunctional family that was neglectful and oftentimes abusive. Not for the faint of heart, but its told in raw, genuine language from a girl who'd been through it all and survived anyway. It's the only biographical work to ever move me to tears, and its filled with comedic and heart-warming moments as well! She writes in a very direct and simple, down-to-earth style that helps to show how gritty and real the situation is. Overall, it's genuinely just a perfect book and I hope you'll consider giving it a read!