For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What is it about McDonalds?

memorycord85

What is it about the food at McDonalds that makes it taste so good? I'm ashamed to even say it tastes "Good", but let's be honest, a burger chain doesn't just get valued in the Billions of dollars by tasting bad. I mean, I've made my own burgers from scratch and yes they taste good and are obviously more fresh than what you get at any fast food chain but they're not the same thing as what you get at the Golden Arches.  Let's face it, even the POTUS is addicted to them (not a rumor, look it up).

Then one day, after eating one of their Triple Cheeseburgers (and feeling excessive guilt and self loathing) it hit me. The difference between the burgers you and I usually will make at home and the product we get at any McDonald's restaurant is the investment we put into them. Think about it, you and I might invest anywhere from $10 to $20 on average to make some burgers, depending on the quality of the meat. But, do we hire focus groups, invest in food research and have scientists and chemists on call to ensure the food is absolutely perfect? Probably not. 

Which leads me to my next question. Is the McDonalds cheeseburger just perfect? Or, is it the Perfect symbol for everything that's both right and wrong, good and evil about the world we live in today? As a symbol, it might very well be the most Telling of all. Consider this for a moment, in this one symbol we have the implications of:

1. Artificial consumerism.

2. Clever and Deceptive Marketing tactics akin to Machiavellian Policy. 

3. The health and illness epidemics affecting the globe due to poor diet  (not just America).

4. Factory farming and the inhumane practices of holding and slaughtering animals.

5. Foods considered to be Genetically Modified Organisms -  produced with Chemicals which damage our minds and our bodies.

6. It's cheap and affordable and is often the primary food choice for the poor or those on a budget.

7. It tastes Deceptively great but is really bad for you.

So, yes all of the above requires a great effort and research and billions of dollars to produce that product we all love. It most definitely is a perfect symbol for our world today. 

Now, on a light hearted note, I wonder.  Is the McDonalds cheeseburger one of the wonders of the modern world? The only remaining wonder from the ancient world we have left are the Pyramids of Giza. So, I ask you guys, what will outlast all other structures and traces of our modern civilization? The Pyramids? or The McDonalds Cheeseburger?