For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Logic and Emotions, Men and Women.

pristinechristine

"Men are logical beings, whereas women are emotional beings" is a phrase that I hear so often that I question it's validity.

I do agree that men have a more logical outlook on life. It is pretty much a y=mx+b with men, and I don't see the fault in that because that is how men work for the most part. Women, on the other hand, are able to think that way as well. The difference being that women, or most women (perhaps this statement of mine does not apply to the strong, independent women out there) would like logic to be delivered in a softer manner. Softer how, you ask? Softer in the sense that logic is spoken nicely with a touch of love, empathy and compassion. For instance, instead of telling a woman straight up that she is unattractive and packing on some weight, you could tell her that she would look lovely in certain types of clothing, and that you would like to go for a hike somewhere with a very nice view together. 

Men say that women are sensitive and women call men insensitive. I think this is part of nature that we all have to learn to accept but also compromise along the way. I don't know about you, but I can almost say that it is impossible for men and women to fully understand each other. It is just not how the world works, unfortunately. It is also the reason why we see couples here and there falling apart, marriages colliding even after a decade of togetherness. 

I personally don't agree with men being only logical and women being only emotional. It would be very difficult for us to function as normal human beings if that were the case. Men are logical for the most part, meaning that they also have and use emotions but not as much. Women are emotional for the most part, meaning that they also have and use their logic, but often clouded with feelings.

A quick example would be the case of a break up for both a man and woman. A man would wake up the next day and think to himself that his relationship is over, and it's time to move on. Does that seem insensitive to some of you? Well, logically, that is the most reasonable thing to do. He is able to function for a while, take some women out for a date while he tries to live logically. Eventually he will realize that he is missing something, and that is when the heart kicks in. Meanwhile for a woman, depending on how bad the break up is, would cry her heart out for days, months or perhaps even years. Waking up will not be pleasant for a certain period of time, but there comes a day when she realizes (with logic) that it is time for her to move on and she does. 

That goes to show that both genders, men and women, are able to be both logical and emotional. 

What is your take on this?