For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Challenges of a freelance writer

jpk0007

A freelance writer faces challenges in many ways. First and foremost is the problem of not getting paid, or getting underpaid for your work. Writing is like any other kind of art if you work is not appreciated and not given its due, then it can be very demoralizing for any writer.

Like any other artist, a writer also goes through phases of self-doubt and confusion. some questions always do haunt you. " Is my writing good? will people like it? have I lost touch? , these are the questions which will always be there in the back of the mind of any writer. Lack of enough time and meeting the deadlines can be another major problem. The question of compromising on quality in order to complete the targets will be another thing that needs to be addressed.

However, in spite of all these challenges if one loves the profession of writing then he will surely find a way out of it without compromising on the quality of his content.

As a newbie to the freelance writing world, I find myself wide-eyed and slightly panicked most of the time. It seemed like a great idea six months ago to quit my job and make my living as a freelance writer. I was going to share my literary prowess with an open and accepting world. Organizations would be lining up for the opportunity to have me wordsmith their visions into reality. About two weeks on a few freelance bid sites and I soon realized that providing good, original writing to my clients would be the least of my worries. First I had to get the clients. 

• 6 months later...

For someone who has been in a 9 to 5 office routine for years, adjusting to a freewheeling freelance routine definitely comes across as a challenge at first. But setting aside definite hours for freelancing helps.

Finding clients is indeed a formidable challenge. Thankfully, there are a number of platforms that help budding freelancers reach out to prospective clients who are looking to outsource work. In the long run, marketing your services on your very own website is a good idea because it helps you steer clear of the competition.

Freelancing sites help a freelancer connect to employers visiting their platform day in and day out. On the other hand, getting visitors to one's own website could be a jigsaw puzzle when one is starting out.

Payment issues are taken care of on many popular freelancing sites - they accept the payment from the employer and release it to the worker once the job is done.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two kinds of writers, people who write just to pass the time and because they love doing it and there are those who write with the intent to make a living out of it. The challenge facing the former is that of inspiration, that's it, the worst that could happen is that they get frustrated when they're on a "dry spell".

The challenges for the later is a whole different ball game, there is the pressure coming from not being able to write material on time, that is if they can write anything at all. Another challenge would come in the form of having to make their chosen line of work provide for their daily needs. Writers, especially the less known ones, rarely see fair treatment when it comes to pay, this is because of the fact that everything that is considered art is "subjective", meaning a masterwork for one reader could very well be trash to another. Worse still, is that their work is subject to the constraints of simple economics or the rules of supply and demand.

• 3 months later...

Freelancing does come with its challenges. Among the most difficult are the dry spells, when there doesn't seem to be any work. While I do draw retirement income; it isn't sustaining. So, I rely on freelance writing in order to augment my retirement and pay the bills. My chosen way of life can be tough at times, but I can't imagine returning to the 9-to-5 work world. Although a steady paycheck would be nice....