For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How much to eat for Weighloss?(Portion control)

Sudha

Normally a Dietician, a Doctor or a calorie counting app decides how much to eat. But appetite of a person varies based on climate, his activity level, and metabolism which becomes difficult for an app or otherwise to decide exactly how much to eat on a given day. There is an age-old practice in India to sit down with your legs folded and with no external distraction(like T.V, reading, mobile or chatting), you are supposed to concentrate on the food you eat(and eat slowly). This helps to decide exactly how much food our body(space in the stomach) wants in that particular meal. The scientific reason told behind seems that a)while you are not distracted, you could sense immediately the signal that your stomach sends to the brain that its full if ignored we normally end up overeating. b)The folded leg posture helps in good digestion. There was also a practice earlier to place a small block of wood beneath their leg while eating, this practice tends to reduce the size of the stomach naturally.

I started out my weight loss before 2 years with a calorie counting app, though it led to weight loss, I felt hunger, irritability, low in energy levels, sleepless nights and later for about a year I am practicing this method, initially I tend to eat more than what the app says, there was a sense of fear but there were days I ate less as well(your body is your app). Now I have a happy connection with food but not a fearful one. And I feel more nourished. So guys what is your connection with food? How do you portion control? Do try to give this method a try as well.