For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Practical Creativity

Jazzy

I am fortunate to know several fine artists:  One is a sculptor, one uses exclusively water colors, and one uses mixed media.  I would be pleased to have any of their works in my home.  I too am creative, but I am also a practical person.  The result of this combination is what I call practical creativity.  I have studied furniture making, soap making, broom making, and a host of other skills.  The one creative area that I have spent the most energy, is cooking.  As a young person I enjoyed baking cookies, pies, pastries, and bread. As I married and started a family, my cooking skills continued to grow.  I quickly realized that only making the same meals my mother and grandmothers made grew tiresome.  So it was that I began a lifelong interest in trying new foods and new recipes that I found in magazines, cooking shows, and on the internet.  As the years went on, our family life centered around activities in the kitchen and at the dinner table.   My daughters have grown to be good cooks themselves, though they cook very different flavors than I do.  Now It's fun to sit down at their dinner tables and taste their creations.  These days cooking is a way my partner and I connect at the end of a work day, chatting and chopping and eating together.  Creating tasty dishes that are beautifully served is a great way to connect with family, friends and neighbors.  What are your creative interests?

I love to make crafts and needlework hobbies like crochet and knitting.  I love crocheting soft toys and Christmas decorations.  I also love to recycle things in crafts, like reusing plastic bottles, toilet roll paper etc.  On the internet there are lots of creative people which inspire me to make more crafts.