For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Nobel Prizes for PEACE and the term 'PEACE'

antoreen

President Obama has been awarded Nobel Prize for Peace this year.

He is different from his predecessor in many respects. He has promised to close the torture chamber in the Guantanamo Bay’s prison camp. Expansionist Israel does not feel comfortable with his attitude. He wants to destroy the nuclear weapons gradually. He has manifested that he is sincere in respecting opinions of the world leaders. Still he is the President of a country which has tradition of war-mongerism. It is known to none how America will honorably withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan.

President Obama has been awarded Nobel Prize for Peace when the moon is being bombed in the name of searching water which is said to be needed for colonization in the lone satellite of the earth. The $79 million mission on the moon could have been shifted for assuring drinking water for the human beings of the earth.

Have we changed the meaning of  the term ‘PEACE’?

For me peace is the progress of bringing all countries together without having the attitude to fight at all.

So, President Obama is a peace worker. If you would like to say, he is working while talking like a Mahatma Gandhi or a Desmond Tutu and a Jimmy Carter.

Like Theodore Roosevelt when he helped to get the peace contract between Russia and Japan in 1905.

I'm almost sick of all of the conversation about the President and the Nobel Peace prize.  The day it was announced, I was all up at arms (and I like our President) because it was premature, etc.  Now though, I think that people should concern themselves with more important things-- like being peacemakers.  I think that Obama did a good job speaking of the award as a call to action.

I'm almost sick of all of the conversation about the President and the Nobel Peace prize.  The day it was announced, I was all up at arms (and I like our President) because it was premature, etc.  Now though, I think that people should concern themselves with more important things-- like being peacemakers.  I think that Obama did a good job speaking of the award as a call to action.

I am not going to accept that annika3in1 who thinks and writes so nice is 'sick of all of the conversation...'. I should humbly state that I have due respect for President Obama and that this is no bar for me in my attempt to try to understand how people define the term 'Peace'.

I do not differ with you when you say ' Obama did a good job speaking of the award as a call to action'.

Antoreen-- I just wish that the news would cover something else. Here in the US, (I live in DC) everyone is still talking about it.  It would be nice for us to focus on health care reform, immigration, global climate change, etc.  That's all.  :) 

I think it is interesting to look at how people define 'peace'-- what it means to them.

Antoreen-- I just wish that the news would cover something else. Here in the US, (I live in DC) everyone is still talking about it.  It would be nice for us to focus on health care reform, immigration, global climate change, etc.  That's all.  :) 

I think it is interesting to look at how people define 'peace'-- what it means to them.

I am with you, if you say there are a lot to things, which should be talked about.

To get the focus on health care reform, emmigration and all the other topics would mean to get the people know these topics. I sometimes feel we do not want to know such topics at all, because they are negative and need research to understand.

I agree. I've started working in an office where we look at a lot of these topics, and so they are at the front of my mind.  Prior to this though, I didn't have the time/energy to research everything I was interested in.