For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Traits of good writers

No Problem

Writing is an onerous task for many, but some people just have to do it.  I think good writers have a love of words and that the mechanics of writing come easily.  What are some other traits of good writers?

• 2 months later...

I believe we all have a bit of a writer inside us, yet for some it is easier than for others. The traits of good writers are a combination of beautiful things in synchronicity. For starters, a talented writer uses words creatively to paint a picture in the minds of their readers. Other crucial traits that make a good writer are: being passionate about the topics they write about, knowing how to reach their audience, drawing upon their own experiences to create their individual style and of course the correct use of grammar and punctuation. There are endless traits that make a writer good, but in my book the most crucial one is to make readers feel something. To be moved by something another has written is a compliment to the writer.

I agree that good writers must love words, but disagree that the mechanics of writing come easily. I believe the best writers are constantly working to improve their writing; they also know that mechanics vary depending on the purpose and device. Above all, those who aspire to become strong writers must be persistent. There are days when you don't feel like writing, but must discipline yourself to power through.