For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Have you had snow yet?

knchatty

:( We have had snow twice now and it's fall.  I love fall, it's my favorite season.  Don't get me wrong, I love snow too but I'm not ready.

Last Thursday we woke up to about 3 inches on the ground.  Friday morning, the same thing!  It melted quick and hasn't come back yet.

The snow was very pretty, sticking to the tree limbs and leaves.  We didn't have our winter coats out yet and also have not bought winter boots yet.

Have you had snow yet?

All we've had is rain. I would absolutely prefer to have snow over rain, any day! We had rain pouring all day Friday and all day Saturday.  It was terrible. I try hard to be okay with the rain, but it's so cold and miserable with just rain. :(

It's still a little early for us to get snow but it'll come and I'll hate it like I do every year.  It may be fun to look at when you're inside a nice home but when it comes to driving to work or walking along the sidewalks, it's not fun.

I agree 100%, I hate to drive in it and I work outside the home every weekday.  It is pretty though to look at.

It's still early for us too, way early - that is why I wasn't impressed with it.

I can't say I'd take the snow over the rain.  I would take a gorgeous sunny day!  :)

Although we do love to go sledding, make snow angels, and have snow ball fights.

I honestly hate the snow and I'm dreading winter.  It always has a way of making me feel trapped.  We had a lousy summer with a ton of rain.  It rained almost every day.  I'm hoping mother nature got all the water out of her system before she brings winter to us.  A dry, easy winter would make me happy.

I have to say that our summer was awful too.  It rained so much that our gardens bombed, nothing grew the way it always does.  I think winter will be just as wet.

I don't hate winter, I actually enjoy doing "snow activities", just not in the fall!

Every reliable source I've heard is indicating a rough winter this year.  I dread it too.  My old bones ache every day when the weather is bad.  I've become a weather man even though I didn't want to.  I do love the change of seasons but I'd rather have a dry winter if we could.

Oh my I`ve been waiting for snow since 1973 hehehehe. I live in Florida. We did have it snow a few times, but not like what you all get. When I was in high school in 1977 we were all out in someones car smoking cigs. Well we had the radio on and the guys were going nuts cause it started to snow big ole flakes. We all jumped out of the car and started dancing hehehe. It lasted about 3 minutes. They had to close some of the schools down because we have open hallways in a lot of them. It was cold bbrrrrrrrr.

I'm in the most southern portion of Alabama, so I'm with kaseyfan. I won't be expecting snow at all this year. The last time it snowed here was 13 or 14 years ago.  :(

Okay, I have to offer a quick disclaimer-- I DO NOT have any geography skills :P 

So, being in the southernmost portion of Alabama, do you ever run into hurricanes? I hope you stay safe!

I don't think I could live where there is no snow.  I love it too much.  I love sledding and making snow angels.  We love to make snow forts and snowmen.  I'll stay here and get snow in early October over no snow at all.

The last week it has been in the 60's here - perfect fall days!  :)

Okay, I have to offer a quick disclaimer-- I DO NOT have any geography skills :P 

So, being in the southernmost portion of Alabama, do you ever run into hurricanes? I hope you stay safe!

Pretty much every hurricane season we get at least one. I've lived here my whole life, so I'm not bothered by them at all. I have always found them pretty exciting, but now that I own a house I worry more about the possible damage they can do.

I wish to experience snow but our country is in South East Asia. I would like to experience it abroad someday, but I'm curious, do people eat snow? I thought I saw someone from the TV who eat snow.

I live in Georgia so it is still pretty warm down here. Last week for example, it got up in the 80's! I actually love the cold weather and am looking forward to some cool temperatures this weekend (it's supposed to get into the 40's). I do remember one year back in 2002 it snowed here but it didn't stay on the ground.

Eating snow?  Well maybe when it first falls.  We all go out and open our mouths and try to catch as many snowflakes on our tongues.  After the snow has been on the ground for a bit, I would not eat it.  It gets dirty, and animals pee in it.  :(

I can't wait to make my first snow angel.  I know I'm 37 but I still enjoy this.  I will probably enjoy it long after I need someone to help me out of the snow!

We haven't had snow here yet, but last week I did get caught walking in a mixture of hail and rain that was almost like snow.

I don't mind it, except when it gets in the way of safe driving.

• 1 month later...

Well it's December 23rd and we have snow on the ground.  It's not a lot of snow, but enough to have a White Christmas.  This is one thing we always wish for.

I hear a storm is coming through over the weekend.  I hope we get that storm and it brings snow.  I'm off on vacation all next week and I want snow.  We want to go sledding and build snowmen!  Keep your fingers crossed for us here in NY.