For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

On being good neighbors.

WriterCat

In our super-technological world, we can easily sit inside and watch Netflix all day without ever having to speak to our neighbors. For me, at least, I feel like we might lose something if we do this. I'm not sure what. Relationships? Networking? It just doesn't seem kind. 

However, since we all have different standards, this raises questions. 

What would you say makes a good neighbor? 

What are things that people have done to you that make you think, "I liked them as a neighbor?" 

On the other hand, what are things that your neighbors did to really annoy you? 

Being a good neighbor is exhibiting behavior that extends to more than just the persons living next door.  Maybe because our neighbors can see us, we feel we need to smile and wave, shovel snow from their sidewalk, or ignore their barking dogs. I know I appreciate a stranger’s smile and wave that allows me to change lanes in a traffic jam or cut in line at the supermarket. Maybe our worst behavior towards others is because we can be so self-absorbed, especially in this age of social media, that we don’t see the snow-covered sidewalks of strangers standing right next to us.  Defining a good neighbor is to begin with treating everyone with kindness as though he or she lives right next door to you