For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Power of Love

stansburylane

We often forget that the emotion of love can bring devastating effects to the world as well. There is a line in Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon that speaks to this truth when a character asks that he be given hate but never love. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is deep.  Sometimes I actually feel like I am hated more than I am loved I know that may sound crazy. Remember that quote "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness. No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. 

I have heard of power being used for good as well as for ill.  This fact is evident throughout human history where power has been used to foment wars and where power has been used to advance the welfare of all people.  This same fact can be gleaned from the actions of men and women who wield some kind of power over another that we happen to encounter or observe in course of our day to day lives.  For all these powers - power of coercion, power of persuasion, economic power, political power, etc., it is easy to picture how it can be used to uplift or put down.  However, I am hard pressed to imagine the power of love being used to devastate the world. If that is at all possible, I am convinced that whatever damage it can do is far outweighed by love's harmonising and healing effect.

I believe that. I am currently in love with a person who is also in love with me. But here we are, in a chase because of our past. I am chasing that person and the person keeps on hurting me. I always forget that I am loved, because I don't feel it. Not even the house that I called home made me feel like it. And I'm in so much pain.