For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Long Distance Relationship

maniluh

I live in Asia and he lives in the UK. I realize I've been a bit naive and too optimistic when we started dating, thinking everything will be easy as long as we love each other. Alas, life happens and it makes you realize it takes more than love to make a relationship work. To those who have experienced being in a long distance relationship, how do you keep the love alive?

Long distance relationships can be strenuous if both parties do not completely trust each other. One way to insulate long distance relationships from losing trust between the partners is a commitment by both partners to be in constant touch. Sharing details, even seemingly minor ones, can be way of keeping the connection strong. Treat your partner as if he/she is in the same locality with you. Being spontaneous will also keep the love alive. Send little messages or notes reminding your partner how much you miss him/her. Be creative! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am currently in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend. I'm from the US and she's from Italy. We communicate, we're there for each other, we talk about our favorite things. I'm also learning Italian just for her and when we talk, she gets excited when I use her language and really loves it when I do it! Trust each other, be there for each other, be honest! Let them know that you're thinking about them, send them gifts or letters in the mail from time to time, make plans to visit each other in person, call/video chat with each other(there are apps out there that you can do these things for free if you're worried about phone bills). It is definitely possible to be in a long distance relationship! Treat them as if they're actually within close distance from you.

We love being loved and love someone, especially when they are near to us. But if you are in a long-distance relationship, you're not alone. This kind of relationship is hard to manage by most people. You must need loyalty and trust in one another. You also need constant communication to know each other's situation. Having a text on what you are doing right now is enough to keep them away from worry. So if you follow these tips I mentioned, then you won't have problems with your long-distance relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

I once saw a tee shirt that stated, "LDR - Only The Strong Survive" and I couldn't agree more. It takes a lot of patience, compromise, and respect for a long distance relationship to withstand the test of time. However, if two people are truly willing to put in the effort and time it takes then it can be a beautiful thing. Setting aside certain times to talk to your partner, regularly video chatting and watching your favorite shows together are just a few ways to carry on the bond you've built with them. Most importantly, make sure you both feel comfortable enough to communicate with each other when you have an issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

Long-distance relationships are very tough to maintain but if you truly love each other and want this to work you can. Don't let the naysayers tell you any different! Today with technology, it is so much easier to stay connected. With Facebook Messenger, Skype or Facetime you can see your loved one and their surroundings. You can experience things with them this way. Not like it used to be in the past with only phone calls or even before that with telegraphs. If you look through history, you know that even back then, "when there was a will, there was a way".

• 4 weeks later...

The key to maintaining a long-distance relationship lies in communicating regularly. To keep the conversations interesting, avoid monotonous, drawn-out rants. You can communicate via phone, Skype, email, or text messages.