For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Language you want to learn

Pokcare

It's fun being able to speak many languages for different purposes. I always get amazed by multilingual people because they don't have to rely on translation apps, which aren't that reliable too. I've tried learning Korean as a hobby and made progress but there's still a lot to study. What language(s) would you like to learn for any reason?

Honestly I studied French for four years in high school (many moons ago) and I remember very little. Even fresh out of school my studies were of no use to me. I do love to learn new things but a new language is not one of them. I've traveled out of the states and felt comfortable enough with just speaking English. 

I do think it is great that you (and many other people) want to learn a new language. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've studied Japanese, Chinese, and Spanish.  I found learning a new language to be very difficult, even though it was something I really wanted to do. I think that I would need to study a new language by immersion. 

I do think that if I ever go abroad, I'll learn a bit of the language spoken at my destination. Not only is it polite, but it could come in handy!  

Edited by EchoUnderfoot

Part of what I like about learning a language is gaining another perspective because there are words that don't have an equivalent translation from one language to another. It's just that you'll have to use it from time to time to continue remembering it.

Edited by Pokcare

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I took some French classes in college, but I can't say that I've ever been fluent.  I'd like to learn computer coding.  I'm not sure if you'd count that as a different language, but it sure feels like one to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spanish. It would open up business opportunities for me. 

German is a close second. I'm of German heritage, so it would be a labor of love for me to try to learn that. 

• 3 months later...

I downloaded the Babbel app to try out beginning-level Portuguese – even though I made just a tiny bit of progress with my languages on Duolingo. It's fun using these apps!